KCC Christmas Dinner enjoyed by all
After a long week of wet & windy then frosty conditions only a little cycling was achieved. On Saturday a group of 8 took to the trails in Castlewellan to work up an appetite and indeed a reasonable thirst for later on.
The main event of the week involved much talking about bikes as opposed to riding them. The Poachers Pocket played host to a full house of members and partners for the Christmas dinner. An all round excellent meal was rounded off with a few prizes and presentation of gifts from the club to founder members Drew & Neil, marking their contributions to the success of the club over the past three years. Proceedings finalised with a bumper ballot and plenty of craic amongst members.
– Those who gave of their time in organising the evening notably Drew for arranging the venue and Jane for co-ordinating the payments, orders & ballot.
-Club Supporters, The Poachers Pocket, for excellent food, great value and service.
– Club Sponsors, Chain Reaction Cycles, for the vouchers and other ballot prizes.
– Club kit suppliers, Powerhouse Sports, for the ‘Salice’ glasses donated to the ballot.
– Jane & Jill, for the seemingly endless home made delights in the hampers.
– North Down Physio & Comber Veterinary Clinic, for the vouchers donated to the ballot.
– Scott & Laura, for arranging the other prizes
The club is arranging a Christmas brunch cycle to The Cuan in Strangford this coming Saturday, 20th December. We will be leaving Killinchy at various times in groups travelling different routes and at varying speeds to meet up at the venue, so check the KCC facebook group for departure times.